Have you ever caught chickens on the loose? I haven't. But I need to! We have two chickens that escaped the coop. I took Grace out today to check for eggs. Actually, Grace whined at the door "Chickies" until I relented, slipped on some flip flops and went with her. I usually do not go in the coop, but I did today, to check on the feed. I let Grace come in too. Bad mistake - I looked back a second later, and the door was wide open! Two of the chickens were out fast.
I like that we have chickens, that we get free eggs, and we have some neat pets that I can take Grace to look at once or twice a day. Now, comes the time that I will actually have to touch them.
I tried for half and hour running around the coop after those chickens. Every time I would get close enough to grab them, they would take off. I have to admit that I am scared to grab one. I don't think I can do it. They are sticking close to the coop, and look like they want to get back in, I wish I could "shoo" them in better. Oh, well, I will have Logan help me when he gets home.
Here's a picture of the escapees.
ps - did I mention this is Sunday, and if I was at church, this wouldn't have happened? Grace was sick yesterday, and coughing a little today. If we had at least gone to Sacrament meeting this would not have happened!!!
Logan, Karen, Grace, Libby, and Leah
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Chickens
Posted by Karen at Sunday, June 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Way to go on being a chicken farmer. If you get ready to butcher them and you need any help ask uncle randall. I'll bet he has a few pointers. LOL
Post a Comment